Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pink Diaper Bags

What's the perfect way to show off that you're having a little girl? By choosing a pink diaper bag of course! Even daddies don't mind carrying pink so much if they are doing for their newly born baby girl. It's the first example of how they will be wrapped around her finger in the future. Although this sounds intuitive, it was not an easy choice for me!

Growing up in a family of girls, I spent my childhood and teen years proving I was not a "girly-girl". I played baseball, drove a hot car, changed my own oil, and wore black whenever possible. Although my mother forever tried to get me to dress in pastels, I assured her I was much too cool to dress like Barbie.

When I found out I was pregnant with my first daughter, I assumed I would never use pink. I decorated her nursery in sage and lavender. I went out of my way to find interesting baby clothes in unusual colors and combinations that were different than everyone else. Then Emma was born. It seemed that every gift I received was pink, and I had no choice but to dress her in the pretty little outfits she had received.

To my surprise, I loved it! She looked adorable, and all of a sudden I couldn't get enough. I not only dressed her in pink, I began to wear the color as well and was surprised to find that it suited my complexion and my style in a way I had never suspected. My mom was right! I was pretty in pink.

I even started to search for a pink diaper bag. Not yet ready to carry around bunnies and kitties, I discovered some lines of handmade diaper bags that were sophisticated and chic. Hot pink stripes. Pink and brown patterns. Black with pink accents. These were attractive enough to carry as a purse! Excited, I purchased several and match them with my mood and activity.

My current favorite pink bag is the Clara Bag by JP Lizzy. This one has enough room for me to carry all of the items I need, but it's still small enough that I often carry it as a purse when I'm without my girls. Another is the Anne Bag, a handmade bag from my boutique, The Shopping Boutique. Although I haven't purchased it yet, I am very tempted by the sleepover sized Pink Sock Monkey bag by another seamstress.

I found that I love the femininity, the versatility and the creativity in these designer and handmade diaper bags. They incorporate artistry, sophistication and functionality into a "must-have" parenting tool. Although you will want to accessorize with these bags, they are practical, efficient and well-designed. I can't imagine taking a baby out without one of them!

I still love baseball. I still love to dress in black for a night out with my husband. The hot car, sadly, has been replaced by an SUV with car seats, and I haven't changed my own oil in several years. But I could. Now I know that pink is just another way to express who I am, and no one needs to stereotype me. Not even me.

Recommend : Simmons Beauty Rest Felony Law Compare Price Store

No comments:

Post a Comment